I was thinking about Eurovision, as I often do (Eurovision is my Christmas) and I remembered Azerbaijani Derek Hale from 2013, and I found this.
Celebrities as Neoclassical paintings by Replaceface
More at society6.com.
i want them all
I want every single one of these but ESPECIALLY Bowie and Elvis.
I’ve been sent this at a very difficult time in my life, but I’ll try my best.
1. I’m very proud of what I do. I do learning support for 16-19 year-olds who are disabled and/or have learning difficulties, and it’s really rewarding work. It is honestly the best job I’ve ever had, and not only that, I get to learn because I sit in their classes. I now know much more about Russian History than I ever did. (My previous knowledge mostly came from Rasputin by Boney M.)
2. I’m proud how many fandom friendships I’ve maintained. I left Merlin fandom in 2008, and I still meet a couple of girls from there for lunch every couple of months. Happily, most of my LuRe fandom friends (my favourite fandom I was ever involved in) have now moved on to Teen Wolf with me. A friend I met in a fandom back in 2004 is getting a flat with me next year. I’m not big in any fandom (well, I was in LuRe because of the Reid Oliver Cartoon Saga, but that’s over now), but I’m glad that I have so many real friendships because of it,
3. I’ve met so many famous people, and almost all of them have been by accident and/or completely ridiculous circumstances. Some highlights: performing Take That’s Back For Good on ukulele for Terry Jones from Monty Python and then forming a human pyramid in front of him, accidentally telling Pete Townshend to get out of my way while drunk, getting Adam Hills to buy me £10 worth of whiskey on my 21st birthday while wearing a fez, having a chat with Robert Llewelyn while dressed as Holovirus Rimmer, and Mark Owen from Take That being a temporary babysitter of mine when I was young, just before he got famous (we’re from the same town.) God help any of the Teen Wolf cast if I meet them, I’m incapable of having a normal celebrity encounter.
4. I like that I’m not dead. No, seriously. I’ve endured 4 family deaths in the past 3 months, one of my cats may be dying, my job, as much as I love it, is stressful as hell, and I have some health problems that can’t be fixed. I’m amazed that through all this, the only thing that’s happened to me is exhaustion and the flu. And if you’ll indulge me for a moment, I’m proud of myself for making it through all this.
5. I have given myself whiplash from dancing so energetically. FOUR TIMES. That’s an achievement. (Though perhaps I need to rethink my dancing technique.)
Dear International Editor: Listen and understand. The game changed in Venezuela last night. What had been a slow-motion unravelling that had stretched out over many years went kinetic all of a sudden.
What we have this morning is no longer the Venezuela story you thought you understood.
Throughout last night, panicked people told their stories of state-sponsored paramilitaries on motorcycles roaming middle class neighborhoods, shooting at people and storming into apartment buildings, shooting at anyone who seemed like he might be protesting. People continue to be arrested merely for protesting, and a long established local Human Rights NGO makes an urgent plea for an investigation into widespread reports of torture of detainees.
Venezuela’s domestic media blackout is joined by a parallel international blackout, one born not of censorship but of disinterest and inertia. It’s hard to express the sense of helplessness you get looking through these pages and finding nothing. Venezuela burns; nobody cares.
Let me put this clearly. Y’all need to step it up. The time to discard what you thought you knew about the way things work in Venezuela is now.
Pray for Venezuela too, same horrid stuff of nightmares is happening there… and international media fails to report on that.
Spread the word.
spin off with young Peter Hale, young Derek Hale and young Chris Argent. 10/10 would watch
bonus: young Kate Argent and Victoria ‘Argent’, young Sheriff Stilinski and young Claudia ‘Stilinski’
And young Melissa Delgado please.
Is every single book you’ve ever read
That’s it. This is my next tattoo.
I was thinking “cool” right up until “that right there is every single book you’ve ever read” because wow.
More on the internet blackout